Chairman opened the meeting with thanks to everyone for coming.
- It has been a successful first half of the year with good attendance and new members.
- The treasurer gave us an update of accounts to date
Total Income £3561.50
Bank balance £4236.01
- It was agreed we need more cages at the practice shoots.
We will collect the ones we have from Graham and affix them onto the sides of the trailer.
- It was discussed about trap maintenance. It was agreed that all traps were working sufficiently.
The new remotes were a good investment
- Adrian brought an image of a proposed Kingswood Gun Clun baseball cap.
I will email this out to all members for feedback on whether people would be interested in buying one.
- It was agreed that due to the increasing number of members we would increase the committee by 2.
Brian (Nominated by Shirley and 2nd by Jennifer)
Celia (Nominated by Callum and 2nd by Eli)
- Trap replacement – Agreed we would visit this when it is required, as above all existing traps are in working order.
- Insurance on the trailer and traps – Shirley has already done some work on this but has not found a suitable solution. I will contact CPSA and Adrian will contact BASC.
- It was discussed if we should come out of the league – It was decided we will continue until the AGM in November and try and encourage more members to attend.
- We also discussed starting our own league shoot.
To start with it was agreed we would invite a local team to join us at one of our practice shoots to see how it would work.
Brian will contact a club and we will fix a date.
- It was also suggested that we use the 3rd Sunday as an informal shoot, no cards and the opportunity to practice on the stands you find most difficult rather than do 10 on each stand.
- Doddershall will remain the 1st Sunday of every month
- We will be able to shoot at Ludgershall after 1st July and then rotate with Quainton for the 3rd Sunday
- Welsh return – Adrian to contact Gerald and propose dates of the 3rd Sunday in August and 1st Sunday in September
- It was also discussed that we would hold the Trophy shoot and club BBQ on one of these date.
A family BBQ to be held at Quainton.
Callum offered to get the sausages and burgers
Wally will supply the Barbeque
It will be bring your own drinks (Alcohol only permitted after the shooting)
We will ask members to supply a bowl of salad
We will set up a small shoot and some Air rifle targets for the kids to have a go
A small charge will be made to cover costs.
- It was agreed that whilst it is good to have new interest into the sport, it does question safety.
- It was agreed if you bring a guest to the shoot you will remain responsible for them during the time they are with us.
- You will need to email the secretary and let them know that you are bring a guest and advise if they are non-shooters that will need to borrow a gun and have a designated practice stand set up.
Overall a positive meeting and looking forward to a successful 2nd half of the year
Closing of meeting 9.40pm